Affordable Car Insurance
My Car Insurance is too expensive. How can I reduce my costs?
Affordable car insurance is fairly easy to achieve when you live in Wisconsin. Auto insurance rates in Wisconsin are some of the lowest in the nation. Only 9 states have lower rates than Wisconsin does.
However, there are still things you can do to reduce your insurance costs and make car insurance more affordable.
A few things to consider in order to achieve affordable car insurance are:
- Vehicle Choice – Premiums vary by vehicle – some are theft targets or expensive to repair. Check the insurance rates before you make a purchase.
- Deductibles – Choosing higher comprehensive and collision deductibles can reduce premiums.
- Collision Coverage – As your vehicle ages and the value declines, it might be a good idea to drop collision coverage to save money.
- Account Credit – Many companies provide discounts if your home and auto are insured together.
- Ride Share – If you commute, look into ride share vans or alternatives to driving to work every day. Decreased usage may translate into a lower rate class.